Sunday, September 2, 2012

EMERGING FROM HELL

     This is the first day in months that it has been cooler outside than inside in the early morning.  I keep the thermostat set at 80 unless I get cranky.  We won't remember why we live here until after Halloween.  This has been the hottest, most humid summer that we have had in years.  I suppose the entire Country can say the same thing.

     During the summer, I paid a visit to Garden Gate Needlepoint in Covina which is about a 90 minute drive from here.  Covina has a cute "downtown street" left over from a former time.  We don't often see that in California.  Carol Cugno the owner was delightful.




     I leave Tuesday for my annual sabbatical to Pocket Full of Stitches in Lubbock, Texas.  This year, Julia Snyder is teaching a Santa Canvas of our choice.  I have chosen Amanda Lawford's Western Santa in what I hope is a doable size.
     I will attend the San Bernardino ANG chapter meeting Tuesday night.  Margaret Bendig will be teaching the first in her series of Witch's hats.  After the meeting, I will continue on to a hotel in Ontario where I can park my car & fly out early the next morning.

Stitch in joy,
Tisha
www.needlepointtooltime.com

No comments:

Post a Comment