Monday, December 31, 2012




It has been awhile since I have posted.  Life got in my way.
My mother died November 11th.  She was an amazing woman!  At 91, it was time for her to join Dad.  We were blessed to have her as a mother.  I have big shoes to fill as the new family matriarch.  Later that week, my granddaughters (4 & 9 years)  came to live with me.  We are adjusting and getting into a routine.  They are very happy.  I'm trying to be.

So much for my "Dear Abby" Christmas Letter, back to business.
Needlepoint Tool Time is holding a 20% off sale until January 11th.

I have been intrigued by the mini sequins.  With so many colors, it wasn't practical to stock them.  I finally decided to carry the five most popular colors and sell them as a "set".  I also have all 16 colors of the new  Wonder Ribbon.  It's a 6 mm metallic tube that can be stuffed or spread out.  It comes flat on a bobbin so is different than the Sundance Sparkles.  If you purchase more than one color, you'll need an empty bobbin tube.  I stayed awake one night dreaming up different ways to use it (check the web site).  Wish I had time to stitch!  We also have replacement tips for the Thread Zap & Thread Zap II.  I have discovered that they are not interchangeable.

I even have Needle Valets & Bar Buddies in stock.  Both are hard to come by as they are manufactured by women in recovery who don't seem to think we are a priority.

The tree you see in the photo was made and purchased by an artist in Prescott, Arizona this past summer.  It was also dressed up for Halloween.  Bet I can find hearts for Valentines Day by next week.

As I packed away my needlepoint Christmas ornaments today (100 +),  I was in awe of all the work & time we put into them.  It also made me want to make more.

I wish all of you, and me, a wonderful and productive new year!!

Stitch with joy,
Tisha

www.needlepointtooltime.com 

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry about your mother. My mother-in-law is 92 and it is only a matter of time for us as well. You are a wonderful grandmother. I hope your New Year is a happy one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, Tisha. I too am sorry to hear your mother is gone and in awe of your taking on two grandkids. I know how much work that will be and what a terrific gift you are giving them. Hope you have time to escape into your stitching occasionally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My condolences on your mom's passing along with blessings for taking in your g'daughters. You're doing good works!

    ReplyDelete